Subject: Re: GigaMem
From: [email-masked] (brad williams)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 94 2:55:13 CDT

>Brad, how can I find out? Is MMU mentioned in the INFO readout? I have no
>docs for my accelerator.

   If you could get ahold of the program SysInfo by Nic Wilson, it will show
you if you have an MMU or not. I believe it's a shareware program and is
available via FTP.

   One interesting thing to note: the 68C030 (the version with no MMU),
actually DOES have an MMU, only it's non functional. The 68C030s are
simply 'dud' processors which failed to pass the testing phase acording
to some specifications determined by Motorolla. Those specifications are
pretty strict, and even a small variance in the tests can cause an 030 to
become a 68C030. I have heard of instances in which someone owning a 68C030
card, was actually able to do MMU requiring tasks because the MMU on the chip
was for some reason not able to pass the test, but functioned well enough to
be detected by the computer and work! Although thats not to common!

   Anyway, the SysyInfo program is very useful for knowing a lot of things
about whats in your computer. Try it out!

Brad Williams / [email-masked]